Monday, November 28, 2011

Some Catching Up To Do...

First of all, I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving.
I realized around 9:00 last night that it was back to reality.
It was great while it lasted.
I loved spending time with some of my
family that I hardly ever see.
It was even better when they all decided to play 
a volleyball game in the backyard. 
Except I'm a little too competitive. 
But Georgia beat Georgia Tech so I thought the day was pretty good. 

That is until Clemson lost to Carolina. 
Oh well, still stings a little but there's always next year. 
So after all the celebrating with family, I was so excited to go 
to church and hear this supposedly awesome sermon. 
Well, I wasn't disappointed. 
Not that a sermon could disappoint me, but this
one definitely lived up to the hype or whatever you wanna call it.
It was the final sermon in the I.T. (intentional transformation) series.
The main point was, "What is IT that is holding you back in your walk with Christ?"
At the end of the service someone walked in dressed as Jesus carrying the cross.
He placed it down, and we all wrote what IT was that was holding is back
and pinned it to the cross.

Powerful.
I realized that my selfishness was keeping me from
spending time with God everyday.
So, on my first day back to my devotional time I read this...
It made me realize that just because I am young,
I don't have an excuse for not living a life on a higher level.
Today, She Seeks is giving away a new book, Whole.
I watched the trailer on wholethebook.org, and I really want it. 
 
...
On a different note, in between classes and carline today
I decorated the house for Christmas.
Now all we need is our tree.
I can't believe it's almost here.
Can this please be under my tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment