Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Fruitful Challenge...

Internet is back up.
Now I get to update you on how my challenge has been going so far.
Forgive me for the lateness.

...

Day 1: LOVE
Friday was my "love day".
I started the morning off by reminding myself thinking about
or talking about others in a negative way is not an expression of love.
Later that day, I got home and realized that my brother would be getting
a new mattress for his room. I decided that it might be a good idea to go
ahead and get rid of the awful navy blue paint that had been darkening
his room for the past several years. So, I went to Lowe's and picked up two gallons
of a nice khaki-colored paint. Now, this might not sound like a huge expression of
love, but when your brother is fourteen and most of the time acts like he can't
stand you, it can be very hard to do him any favors. However, I realized that true
love is loving somebody even when they don't necessarily show you the same thing.
Therefore, we painted together. I actually got to spend a little time with my brother,
and he didn't bite my head off for once. Love is an amazing thing.

...

Day 2: JOY

 Saturday was my "joy day".
Now, I must say this... there is a lot to be joyful about when
both Georgia and Clemson win and are pretty much gonna be in the
SEC and ACC championship games. However, Saturday I experienced
another kind of joy. My mom, brother, Benji, and I all went to see
Brandon Heath and Britt Nicole in concert. It was great. Not to mention
I got to see some old friends who have definitely helped me grow in my faith
through the years. Later, we all went to eat together. I had a great time, and
it was so good to be with some of the people I love the most.
A truly joyful occasion.

...

Day 3: PEACE
Today was my "peace day".
Today can be summed up like this...
I find peace in knowing that with God, everything will be okay.
Church service was awesome, and He continued to remind me all day
that He is in control. This gives me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment