Monday, February 6, 2012

Motivational Monday...

Monday is here. 
Time to get back to work, school, the gym...
Time to start over after eating those three cookies at the Super Bowl party last night. Okay, that's my confession. Anyways, why do Mondays have to be so hard? Well, actually it doesn't. I admit this is even a hard concept for me, but it is something that I have been trying so hard to do lately... enjoy the journey
It seems like every devotional or book that I read now, every song I hear, every person I talk to reminds me of this phrase. See, my problem is I get too focused on the end of the road and never take time to focus on the happiness that the journey can bring. 
So here's my challenge...
Take time today to quit worrying about the future. Don't get caught up in the what ifs or whens in life. Instead, be happy. Realize that this journey is one that God has given you. Live it to the fullest. Look around at the road you are on? Picture it. My road is a dirt road filled with honey suckle and blackberries. If you speed down the road, you'll miss all the pretty things. 
So, please enjoy the road, and realize that God is there with you every step of the way. I promise it will make you happier. Maybe that will motivate you to get through the rest of the week. As always, let me know if you have any prayer requests or thoughts.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! :) I enjoyed reading it and agree with so much of what you said. Enjoying the journey is such a hugely important part of life but it's so so hard sometimes

    ReplyDelete