Saturday, October 1, 2011

Note to Self...

Look both ways before crossing the street...when driving. Today, Austin and I were riding with Mama after the first ball game. We were on our way to Cracker Barrel, and Austin was so excited to get pancakes and chocolate milk. (Leave it to my brother to want that from a place like Cracker Barrel). All of a sudden a car pulled out in front of Mama, and she had to swerve to miss it. Then we side-swept another car. THANKFULLY, no one was hurt. However, being the big sister that I am, I was glad Austin got to see this before he starts driving. Better to learn from someone else's mistakes than his own.
As if the day couldn't get any crazier, the boys lost their second game after a very close call at home. There was a lot of tension in the air throughout the whole game. Not the best showcase of sportsmanship. So, after losing, the boys lined up to shake hands. Apparently there was a side comment that went a little something like, "That's the way to win, Redneck!". This turned into to a little mini-fight on the pitcher's mound. Not sure why it had to go there, but it did. So, obviously it was a crazy day. However, it makes it all better when my Georgia Dawgs pull out another victory. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that Clemson will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment