Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'll Fly Away...

Yesterday, I heard that news that Mr. Doug Wilhelm had passed away. While I know the grief is unbearable for his family and friends, I started thinking about how this journey has impacted many people. For me, I am thankful that my faith has been rejuvenated through the readings of Mrs. Nicole's posts. Although I knew Mrs. Nicole because I babysat her wonderful daughters, I now know her differently. She has taught me strength, faith, and love, and I am forever grateful to Mr. Doug for giving the world his incredible daughter. I also believe that through this difficult time, many people have understood that life is short, and you should always tell those special people in your life just how much you love them. In church Sunday, Pastor Eddie talked about your "welcoming committee" in heaven. I am sure that when Mr. Doug arrived, his welcoming committee was filled with smiles and said, "Look how many people prayed because of you." The prayer that surrounded Mr. Doug during all this was tremendous and powerful, to say the least. I thank God for Mr. Doug and the way he has truly impacted not only Aiken, but the world. Somewhere in the Bible states that through weakness we gain strength. I believe this is true. Although this is an extremely difficult time, I know that God has a plan. Some of it has already been shown, but I know there is more to come. Please continue to pray for the Wilhelm/Simmons family at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment