Friday, December 14, 2012

Today...

Well, today has definitely been a day. I found out a few months ago that I was going to need gum surgery. I decided to wait until the semester was over to schedule the surgery. Today was the day of my surgery. Surprisingly, I've had only a little pain and some nausea from the medication. Other than that, this recovery has not been bad at all. Ice cream and potato soup aren't so bad either. 

:)

However, today was a rough day for another reason that I'm sure y'all are familiar with. Today, a shooting took place in an elementary school in Connecticut. As a future teacher, this breaks my heart and scares me all at the same time. You would never think of a shooting happening in a kindergarten classroom. I am so hurt for the families, teachers, and children who will live with this pain forever. School should be a place of giggles and learning...never fear. I am praying that God will show his peace to all involved with this horrible situation. 

PHOTO: American flags surrounding the Washington Monument in Washington are lowered to half-staff in a mark of respect for the victims on the Connecticut elementary school shootings

On a brighter note, I am so thankful for a teacher that made an impact on my life several years ago when I began babysitting her sweet daughters. I have loved seeing them grow up and greatly appreciate the many hours spent talking to her and figuring out that crazy part of life as a teenager. Today, she brought me such a special gift that has made this recovery process so much easier! I am so appreciative and thankful for her. I hope that I am half the mother, teacher, and friend that she is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment