Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Key to Success...

Running the Race 

"And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith." 
-Hebrews 12:1-2


So I kinda decided to combine Monday Motivation with Tuesday Fitday for what I believe is a pretty darn good reason. Sunday my pastor preached on running the race of faith and how we must keep our eyes focused on the goal (Jesus). I think this a great metaphor for a believer to live by. I plan on trying to live life as if I'm running the great race of faith. You just gotta stay focused on keep your eyes on Him. 
...
Now, there's obvious correlations between running the race and fitness too, but I think the main point to take away from this is that we all have goals in our mind for fitness or whatever. Keeping your eyes on the goals you have set is the key to success. I have to remember this. When I want a cookie, I need to picture that dream body that I want so bad. 


So, run the race and keep your eye on the prize. 
Whatever that might be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment