Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Finishing Touches...


Well, it's official. It's Christmas Eve.
And, no, this is not the scene here at home. I wish.
Today has been a pretty jam-packed day of cooking, crafting, and cleaning. 
On Thursday, Benji and I went back to see the lights with our friends.  
Ashley and Colton...Megan and Jeff. 
Their pictures turned out better than ours. 
...
I took this picture at the restaurant while waited.
They reminded me of the Three Stooges. 
They proved their resemblance later that night.  
 I finally finished the stockings.
Mama wanted them monogrammed so bad.
So, I finally did it. I think it looks nice.
I even put it on Pinterest.
 Then I went to the kitchen.
Who knew I'd be in there for so many hours.
I made Naughty/Nice gifts for Benji's grandparents.
The Nice gifts are baked apple chips.
The Naughty gifts are cookie dough balls drizzled with chocolate.
Yum...
 Oh yeah, I made the monkey bread, too.
Funny story about the monkey bread.
It turned out great, but make sure when you try it you
don't use a bundt pan with the removable center piece.
The butter spilled all to the bottom of the oven .
You would've thought the whole kitchen was on fire,
and Abbie made a break for it to the back yard.
But I solved the issue, and it looks delicious.
It's always a hassle when you take food to places with a lot of people.
Everyone's always asking, "What is this? What's that?"
So, I came up with a solution.
I just printed the name out, stapled it to a piece of red construction paper,
and stapled that to a bendy straw. The bendy part slips right under the bread.
 Well, I hope all of y'all have a great Christmas.
I've gotta get in the kitchen and wash dishes.
Tomorrow, I'll take on Paula's Ooey Gooey Butter Layer Cake.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Matthew 1:18-25

No comments:

Post a Comment