Thursday, September 15, 2011

School and Volleyball...

Today, I had another "ahha" moment. After being late to Spanish class, I probably could've had a lot to complain about, but I am trying to remember my six day challenge in honor of Mr. Doug Wilhelm. After being late, I deciding volunteering to write my homework answers on the board would somehow balance out the lateness. My answer was wrong, but I wasn't alone. To make a long story short, we were placed in groups after my professor's frustration. I noticed that someone in my group who I will call "quiet guy" was clearly not understanding the work. That is when my "ahha" moment happened. After explaining the concept to him, his face completely changed, and he looked at me and said, "Thank you, you actually explained that better than she did." I smiled and thought to myself, "This is why I want to become a teacher." To see a person understand something right before your eyes is what makes me smile. Only two years to go...watch out future students, my smiles are coming your way! On a different note, the first church league volleyball game is tonight. Well, it's technically the second, but we were at the beach last week and missed the first one. However, we had a "formal" practice on the beach, and I think we are all ready to go. So go Millbrook! Let's just hope I won't hit anybody in the back of the head this time with my serves...

No comments:

Post a Comment