Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Six Day Challenge...

"...for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."   -Philippians 4:11
I try to stop myself from complaining, but I do it quite often during the day. I now have a new reason to stop myself from complaining. During the summer, I babysat two girls named Madelyn and Meredith. On one of my weeks off, their grandfather suffered a heart attack, and has now been in the hospital for six weeks. Madelyn and Meredith's mother, Nicole, has been the epitome of strength and faith during this time. Everyday she posts a new update of her father's condition. On the post today she gave us another inspirational homework assignment: to stop complaining for six days. I take this challenge head on because of my love and support for this family and the necessity to truly be content in my life. Truth is, I have no reason to complain. I am incredibly blessed. I challenge you to take this challenge, as well, and to pray for the Wilhelm/Simmons family. If you want to learn more about this incredible family, you can read Mrs. Nicole's amazing updates at caringbridge.org/visit/dougwilhelm.

No comments:

Post a Comment