Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Motivation...



I don't know how many people feel the same way I do, but my heart breaks for young people who stray away and get mixed up with the wrong crowd. Saturday morning around 3 am, a 23 year old was shot and killed. It's just another murder. They happen everyday, but I will never ever understand why. The guy who was killed was supposedly a good guy. I didn't know him personally but he graduated two years before I did from the same school. He played football and from what I remember was a nice, popular guy. I'm not saying he got mixed up with the wrong crowd or anything. I wouldn't know, and it's not my place to judge. However, I know that it happens. It's heartbreaking to me when it does. I always think about the what ifs. So, here's my challenge to you & I hope you challenge others to do the same... If you know someone who is going down the wrong path, step in and LOVE them. Show them they are appreciated and deserve the best in life. Show them God's love. You never know the impact you may make on someone's life. You could save a life. Please join me in prayer for the families who lose loved ones everyday due to these shootings. Also, pray for the people who pull the trigger. They need it too. 

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." 
John 15:12

2 comments: